Tuesday, December 29, 2009

At Peace

I am at peace with today.

The dishes are done, Jack is actually napping, Lily is fed and happy and I'm about to knit.

Jack did sit on his train box and pee into his car tin and all over Petey's mouse. I did get a note from the vet reminding us to get Petey's Rabies shot, letting me know that I have been spelling the cat's name wrong for months. I knew it looked weird, but couldn't figure out the problem. Minor compared to the pee. And then there was the trail of TP leading from the bathroom to Jack's room. And the booby trapped toilet that dropped a car into the bowl when Daddy moved the seat. But he is napping.

And the knitting. I must be knitting the scarf I've been ignoring for weeks. No, that has become a black dot on the blackness of space in the galaxy that is my crafting. I took the Great American Aran Afghan (GAAAaaaa) and spent half an hour working out what row I was on in the square in progress. The knitting of it went swimmingly, the four rows I have knit so far. I also hated the way the four completed squares were seamed. I'm a better seamer now, so I spent the morning doing dishes and un-seaming blocks. Yes, I would apparently rather pick out one particular string in a sea of like colored strings than knit that stinking scarf. And I like it, that is the problem! I like lace, I like short lace rows. I enjoy this pattern. Why can I not knit it?

So now I pick up the afghan square, along with the other 3 sticks I need to complete the center cable. And you know what? I'm at peace with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment