Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Room Swap

Jack, my big strong boy, is afraid of the furnace. That is one reason he kept coming into our room at night. So I had the (maybe not so) brilliant idea that we needed to swap bedrooms. I have had a nasty habit of rearranging rather than cleaning, well cleaning while rearranging really. I also have grand ideas on what I can get done in a certain amount of time as well as what will fit in a given space. Now I have a smaller room, but it is so far very organized and I am getting Jack's old closet cleaned out at the same time. Things are moved, organized, dusted and generally looking pretty good.

Unless you enter Jack's new room or dare look into the nursery. Lily's room is the staging area where the week's laundry is piled (we did get a new machine so today is also laundry day) and all of the stuff from Jack's room is scattered and piled around. The biggest issue right now, apart from moving the last remnants of my belongings from the room, is the mold. This could be why we have been getting so sick and such this winter. The bedroom is the farthest from the heater and has 3 outside walls. The condensation caused a massive mold problem circling the room around the baseboard. I got most of it cleaned up yesterday, but I need to hit it a few more times and make a regular habit of Lysol-ing the room. Also we now have Lily's space heater in there to keep it warmer (and dryer). So all in all the house is a massive wreck, but by the end of the day I hope to have it nicer than it has been in months.

And the crafting? Kate is kidnapping me and my knitting tonight for a girl's night in, with cocoa and such. If the weather isn't against me, which it looks like it is. sigh. Back to the task to putting the house back together.

1 comment:

  1. Rearanging instead of cleaning is my favorite thing to do! Things get clean and you get a whole new look at your house. My friends tease me about this.
    So it seems like a totally reasonable plan of action to me.

    ReplyDelete